Losing a pet can be a traumatic experience. The good news is that there are a lot of avenues to help reunite you. Following are some helpful resources if your pet has been lost. We wish you the very best with your search.
- Claim your pet's listing on the NSW Pet Registry using their microchip and make sure your contact details are up.
Local Area Resources
- Sydney Dogs and Cats Home "The Pound" for Hurstville local council area
- "The Pound" for the former Bankstown segment of the new Canterbury Bankstown Council area is handled by: Canterbury Bankstown Pound - Bankstown Branch at Rossmore Veterinary Hospital.
Note: The former Bankstown City Council "Pound" was administered by Renbury Farm Animal Shelter at Austral. Renbury Farm ceased to exist in late 2016 and the facility has been taken over by Liverpool City Council.
- "The Pound" for the former Canterbury segment of the new Canterbury Bankstown Council area is handled by Canterbury Bankstown Pound - Canterbury Branch at Fairford Road Veterinary Hospital.
- Info from Canterbury Bankstown City Council
Lost Pet Websites
- RSPCA info page
- Lost Paws lost pet info page
- Lost and Found Pets Australia
- Australian Rescue and Rehoming Resource info page
- All Creatures Lost and Found
- Lost Pet Finders
- Central Animal Records microchipping register
- Lost Pets NSW Facebook page
- Pet Search Facebook page
- Gumtree lost pet listings: dogs / cats
- Dog Lost
- Lost Dogs
Record your lost pet's details with us
In case your pet is handed in to us